A Potjie Pot is perfect for making delicious meals and great memories.
Our cast iron Potjie Pot, you can effortlessly make authentic South African cuisine, making it perfect for experimentation and tasting new and exciting flavours. The Potjie Pot can also deep fry, roast, and much more.
Thanks to the cast iron, it’s also an incredibly durable bit of cooking equipment that you can use throughout your life.
This potjie can hold is 7.8L, Diameter is 26cm
Cast Iron Pot (7.8 litre capacity)
An untreated cast iron pot as used to make “potjie kos” (pot food) in South Africa.
If you do buy this untreated potjie you will need to treat it before use as follows:
1. Wash out thoroughly with boiling water and scouring pad and dry over a heat source.
2. Coat inside with any cooking oil and heat until oil begins to smoke.
3. Using a paper towel, wipe inside clean. Repeat until towel wipes clean.
4. The pot is now ready for use. The more you use it the better it becomes.
5. After each use wash, dry and coat inside with oil.
6. Store in a dry place with absorbent paper inside.
Enjoy your potjie!